In this episode we take a big picture look of fitness with Dan John.
We talk about the norms of modern fitness and the reality of what it means to be fit. The rules of good health don’t need to be complicated.
By looking at your health from a holistic, simple, and honest perspective you can get a clear view of your fitness priorities instead of focusing on unrealistic and destructive “Fantasy Fitness”.
What You Will Learn:
- 0:00 Introduction
- 3:04 How do you weed out a good coach
- 7:47 Social Media and Fantasy Fitness
- 16:30 How has your faith influenced training and coaching?
- 22:36 What happens when you fail? Obstacle planning
- 28:28 Reconciling chasing status goals with the vanity metric of being healthy
- 33:43 What should you do if you have fallen off track? How to be well-rounded in 1-2 workouts a week
- 37:11 There is no perfect workout program
- 41:32 Life happens, keep going
- 46:58 What is “fit”ness
- 48:00 Conclusion
About Dan John:
Dan John is a professional coach, trainer, and religious scholar who has written and co-written books like “Never Let Go”, “Mass Made Simple and Easy Strength”, “Can You Go?”, and “Now What?”. He has a background as an athlete and holds the current American record for the Weight Pentathlon. Dan teaches people about weights and kettlebells on his training site Dan John University, and passes his knowledge through numerous workshops and publications worldwide.
Never Miss an Episode!
Enter your email and get notified when a new episode is released: