An interview with Steve Cotter, where we discuss fitness basics, the importance of fundamentals, and how cultural and economic factors can impact our health in ways we didn’t realize. Let’s get back to the basics of mind, body, and breath.
Get comfortable, it's a longer one.
- 0:00 Introduction
- 1:27 Mind - Body Connection in Fitness
- 5:06 “The challenge is the industry itself”
- 14:29 “When you can uplift someone, it is as if you can give something to yourself”
- 19:00 “I am a true believer that the foundation and salvation is through physical fitness”
- 25:24 “Mental wellbeing is crucial”
- 28:08 “The foundation for all of it is the physical education”
- 36:30 “I teach people the fundamentals of mind, body, breath”
- 40:34 “As a general culture we feel broken and dysfunctional and the industry runs with that”
- 48:40 Duality and Yin and Yang
- 56:02 “I think the way forward is to take care of ourselves”
- 1:01:27 “There is something even bigger than help, wellbeing”
- 1:03:44 Some wisdom and tips for people who need inspiration
- 1:09:59 Fight and Flight Responses
- 1:15:46 Mobility and Kettle Bell Programing
About Steve Cotter:
Steve Cotter is a master coach and founder of the International Kettlebell and Fitness Federation. He is a pioneer in the world of kettlebell training and has instructed thousands of fitness professionals. Among his other accomplishments, Steve is on Men’s Health Magazines ‘The 100 Fittest Men of All Time’ list You can check out and follow Steve here:
Never Miss an Episode!
Enter your email and get notified when a new episode is released: