Did you know that showing up as your most authentic and vulnerable self attracts similar people to you? That’s right! You can learn how to detach yourself from external factors and make it a daily practice so you can show up authentically.
In this episode, I speak with Molly Galbraith! She is the author of Strong Women Lift Each Other Up, and co-founder of Girls Gone Strong, a worldwide health and fitness movement dedicated to helping women feel strong, confident, and empowered in their lives and their bodies. She has been in health and fitness for 17 years where she has experienced highs and lows in her personal journey before finding fulfillment.
Listen in to learn how you can overcome your scarcity mindset by detaching yourself from external factors. You will also learn how to attract and impact people around you by showing up authentically in your health and fitness journey.
What you'll learn:
- [1:34] Molly describes her journey in health and fitness for the last 17 years plus her role in the Girls Gone Strong Movement.
- [4:27] How the Girls Gone Strong platform transformed from a community of helping women lose fat to strength training.
- [8:55] Understanding where the scarcity mindset in women stems from and how it stops us from working together.
- [13:50] Molly explains where the idea of writing her book ‘Strong Women Lift Each Other Up’ came from.
- [18:11] How to stop comparing yourself by detaching from external factors and making it a daily practice.
- [27:39] How showing up authentically will attract similar people to you.
- [32:10] The moment that transformed Molly’s life plus how her definition of lifting women up has changed with her personal growth.
- [35:45] How to use your feelings of jealousy and comparison to push forward and work together with friends.
- [40:06] Shift from negative to neutral- not allowing your insecurities to negatively impact your life.
- [46:59] Molly describes some tools and resources you can use to help others on their fitness journey.
- [51:32] Tips on how to be gentle and less judgmental with your clients as a coach/ trainer.
- [59:14] How social media negatively impacts your brain.
I hope you enjoyed our discussion. Please share your thoughts (and share this post) before you leave 🙂
Molly Galbraith, CSCS, is the cofounder of Girls Gone Strong (GGS), the world’s largest platform providing evidence-based, interdisciplinary health, fitness, nutrition, and pregnancy education for women and the health and fitness professionals who work with them—including industry-leading certification programs and coaching.
The “Strong Women Lift Each Other Up” philosophy is woven through the fabric of GGS, as Molly leads a team of women from the US, Canada, UK, Mexico, India, and Australia. From employing and educating, to featuring, collaborating with, and investing in women, GGS is dedicated to serving their community of women from 80+ countries around the world.
· Website: https://www.mollygalbraith.com/
· Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/themollygalbraith/
· Get the book: https://www.mollygalbraith.com/book
Never Miss an Episode!
Enter your email and get notified when a new episode is released:
[…] Ep 7: Other Women Are NOT Your Competition (with Molly Galbraith of Girls Gone Strong) […]